Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Peanut Butter and Banana Cupcakes with Nutella Cream Cheese Frosting


    How many ways can I use bananas?  Let me count the ways.  If you have been to my blog before you know that I hate to let bananas that are too ripe go to waste.  I also am still learning the art of scratch baking.  I played around with this recipe and I think I have come up with a pretty good soft textured cupcake.  It's not as dense as a banana bread, so I feel confident calling this a cupcake.  I paired bananas with peanut butter and they played beautifully together.  To top things off I put another perfect pairing of Nutella and cream cheese together to make a very decadent frosting.  Okay, can I tell you all what I'm really pleased as punch about?  I actually used a cake decorating tip for the first time and I think I did a pretty good job (if I say so myself).  It's my first time out the gate... but I think I am a convert.  No more slapping the icing on top with a butter knife for this girl. : )
    Ingredients:
    Wet Ingredients:
    4 ripe bananas mashed
    1/2 cup applesauce
    1 1/2 cups of sugar (or splenda)
    3 large eggs
    2 tsp of vanilla
    3/4 cups buttermilk
    1 cup creamy peanut butter (I used Jiff)

    Mix all ingredients together with a electric mixer.

    Dry Ingredients:
    2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
    1/4 tsp salt
    1 Tbs baking soda

    Sift all the dry ingredients together.  Add the dry ingredients slowly into the wet ingredients and mix with the electric mixer.  Careful not to over mix. I lined a cupcake pan with foil liners (they don't stick to the cake) and used an ice cream scoop to get even cupcakes.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until a fork comes out clean.  Allow to cool and frost with Nutella/Cream Cheese frosting.

    Frosting: 
    To make the frosting use an electric mixer to whip together 2 cups Nutella with 8oz of room temperature cream cheese.  Apply onto cooled cupcakes.  If you like you can just apply plain Nutella on the cupcakes as a simpler frosting.

    Yields about 24 cupcakes.   Garnish with chopped peanuts if you desire and slices of banana.  Enjoy.

Post Title

→

Peanut Butter and Banana Cupcakes with Nutella Cream Cheese Frosting


Post URL

→

https://jessica-dorrell-pictures.blogspot.com/2011/09/peanut-butter-and-banana-cupcakes-with.html


Visit Jessica Dorrell for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive